Time for a New Look
How often should a company update its website? Generally speaking, many companies update their websites every three to four years. For Long Island Skydiving Center, it had been six years and DZO Brian Erler felt it was time to update both the website and the logo for a clean start following a year of the pandemic.
Our team was tasked with creating a design that:
- highlighted LISC’s greatest value proposition: its location near the beach.
- was clean and simple
- felt, light, friendly and fun
Because of the high character count (25 characters) we took into account the multiple uses of the logo from merchandise, signage, stationery, and the website. Our aim was to keep the design simple and not allow it to get unwieldy with an icon that would make the logo much taller or wider. We incorporated the elements within the text to accomplish the client’s goals and utilized color psychology and typography to give the brand a friendly but confident feel. Below is the result in the transformation:
With a new logo created, we utilized data to help inform the design. Long Island Skydiving Center is in a very competitive marketplace and placement in Google Search is paramount as it has a huge effect on revenues. With an upgraded CMS and utilizing user behavior from the analytics data of the old site, we developed a website that’s:
- Developed to optimize the site for positioning in Google Search Results across dozens of highly searched keywords
- Focused the user experience based on data captured from the old site’s analytics
- Highlighted the dropzone’s multiple value propositions with minimal scrolling
- Ensured that the “Book Now” was continuously present throughout the user experience
- Showcased answers to top queries on the homepage (Pricing, Location, FAQs etc)
Since launch, the site has seen an across-the-board improvement for visibility within Google Search, greater site traffic, and a significant increase in bookings. Bounce rates have decreased and time spent on the website has increased. These metrics are the key performance indicators or team was looking for when redesigning this site for the client.